Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here we go, Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I hope you like Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies because you’re in for a treat. In these cookies I use a combination of Almond flour and Tapioca, among other ingredients, to bind these cookies together. The apple sauce softens them up, which creates this really nice texture. It did take me a bit of experimenting to get this one right, so I hope you’ll be pleased with the formula.
Interestingly enough, I just bought some Silicon baking mats and I wanted to try them out. They’re pretty great in the sense that you don’t have to over oil your pans to prevent sticking. You just place your product onto the mat and stick it in the oven. They also very easy to clean up. That’s really 80% of my decisioning process when I evaluate a kitchen item to work with. It may do wonders, but if it’s hard to clean I don’t want to be bothered with it. I have yet to try the baking mat with roasting vegetables, but I’ll be sure to update you to let you know how it goes.
Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes and they’re ready to enjoy. I do typically wait 5-10 minutes for them to firm up some so they’re easier to manage, but sometimes its just too hard to sneak a peak of the taste. These wash down with some nice cold almond milk, so I highly suggest you pour yourself a glass when you’re enjoying these.
I have a bunch of other cookie recipes that I’ll be adding over time. Everything from pumpkin, to double chocolate. I have a lot in my recipe rolodex which has been refined over the years.
On another note…
I find it amusing that whenever I talk to people, friends, family, whoever, about Paleo they can’t believe I can enjoy cookies on a “diet”. I have to explain that it’s not about the cookie itself, its about the ingredients I cook with. If I ate cookies all day, of course I’m going to gain weight. However, given the choice, I don’t want to put refined sugars into my body that will get absorbed immediately and stored as fat.
I would rather ingest nutritiously dense foods that are actually serving a purpose.
I hope you enjoy!
If you’re in the mood for a REAL chocolate fix, give this recipe a shot here.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Dark chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients until well combined. Use a whisk to ensure everything is well mixed together. Set aside.
- Whisk egg together in a large bowl.
- Add remaining wet ingredients together until well combined.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into the wet until both dry and wet ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoon, or an ice cream scoop, place dollops of cookie batter onto a baking sheet. If you're not using a silicon baking mat, make sure you grease the pan with coconut oil or something similar.
- Bake in the over for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies start to brown on top.