Paleo Raspberry Lemon Muffins
You have to try these Paleo Raspberry Lemon Muffins. I’ve always been a fan of lemon scent and flavor. Theres just something about it that is so satisfying without it being overpowering. This muffin can present as a dessert item if you top it with chocolate or a breakfast item without. The calories in this muffin are also on the lighter side for being a sweeter type of paleo muffin, but I’m not going to complain about that!
The recipe is pretty simple. Combine the wet and dry ingredients separately to ensure the components are well combined. Then combine the wet and dry together. It’s important that you don’t over mix the the batter as is can impact how they rise in the oven. I’ve said it before, but I like to use jumbo muffin liners. I like my baking items to resemble something that I would get in a coffee shop or store. There isn’t anything stopping you from using regular muffin liners, just be sure that you’re checking your muffins with a toothpick.
You can use any type of muffin baking pan. You might be laughing at the photo above as the muffin pan is smaller than the muffin liners. Oh well, I made it work. Given there is a lot of fruit in these muffins, make sure you given them time to rest after you pull them out of the oven. They’ll solidify a bit more and make for a better experience when you bite into them. After they’ve rested you can top with some reserved raspberries and chocolate if you’re hankering for something sweeter. I just love how the red and dark brown/black looks on top of these muffins.
These paleo raspberry lemon muffins didn’t last long in my house. As you can see, I topped mine with chocolate given I’m a big chocolate lover. The combination of the raspberry, banana and lemon give these muffins such a flavor explosion. You really have to try them. I also love the fact you can tailor them as a breakfast item or a dessert item.
If you’re looking for something that has a bit more chocolate, you can always try my Double Chocolate Sour Cherry Muffins. I hope you enjoy!
Raspberry Lemon Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. You can also sift everything together. Just ensure everything is mixed well before adding any of the wet ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a large bowl, using your hands or a masher, mash the bananas until there are no longer any large chunks.
- Add the eggs to the mashed bananas then combine with the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and let sit for a few minutes so the coconut flour can absorb some of the liquid.
- Reserve some raspberries to top off the muffins after they're done baking. Add the raspberries to the batter and combine. Don't over mix!
- Using some jumbo or large muffin tins, fill 3/4 of the way with the batter.
- Bake for 18-24 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out dry after poking.
- Let stand for 5 minutes then top each muffin with a raspberry. Add chocolate to top of muffin if desired.